Thursday, April 29, 2010

and then there were TWO





Salem-

Two months. You have two months of life under your belt. And if I was taking measurements of your belt, I would say it more than doubled in size in the past 8 weeks. You have almost doubled your birth weight. Remember, you like to eat? You are still eating pretty consistently around the clock. Although, you have done several 5 hour stretches lately. Your mommy thanks you. You still sleep in the moses basket...errr...our bed, most nights. I'm not ready to part with having you near me. Your crib seems so far a way, as if it's down the street! So you won't be in there for awhile. Well, if I have any say in it! Daddy doesn't sleep well with you in the bed. He is worried he might roll over on you! Good argument! ; ) But I keep assuring him, he won't. So you end up sleeping REALLY CLOSE to me! Which, of course, I love. Especially since your constant companion is my boob. You spend lots of time "drinking" your milk. And by the looks of you, there is no denying that! Your chub is magnificent. We have lots of little rolls to clean now when you get your bath.

You smiled for the first time a couple weeks ago. You smiled and we melted. Daddy got the camera and I took video. We are so silly with all of our electronic equipment. We don't want to miss a thing. I love to dress you up in cute outfits and headbands. I know I said I'd never put those obnoxious hair bows on you, but it's just too tempting. Forgive me, ok? : )

Daddy went to Japan and had to leave you for the first time. He had a really hard time. We skyped and emailed and sent pictures and tried to make him feel as "close" as possible. Auntie Nawni came to stay with us. I forgot how nice it is to have an uninterrupted shower! She made that possible every day. Thanks Auntie Nawni, we love you!


You are such a strong little girl. You hold your head up so well. You are not the biggest fan of tummy time. We have been having to "double diaper" you the last six weeks. The doctors thought there might be something going on with your hips. We have another ultrasound at the end of this month. It doesn't help your overly emotional Mama. I don't want you to have to go through any unnecessary pain. The thought of you being in a brace to correct hip dysplasia is bringing me to tears. I know we will deal with whatever is brought our way. And I also know you will never remember going through any of this. For that I am grateful. Daddy and I want to protect you from everything! And knowing this is out of hands, is hard. Please know we would take this from you if we could.

Mimi came back this month. That woman can't stay away! She loves you, Salem. I had all these ideas in my head while I was pregnant of what my mommy would be like with my baby. I have to say, her love for you has exceeded everything I thought. I think she might love you more than me and all your aunties combined! haha ; ) I'm going to let her spoil you. Let her take you places, feed you junk, let you stay up late, buy you things. And anything else that comes from a "mimi" : ) You have her heart.

We love our chubby baby. We have all taken to calling you Punketies, Punks, Goosers, Lil Pooks, and Beluga! We never say Salem! HA! I hope you don't get confused as to what your real name is.

Punketies, you are incredible. Thanks for making the past 8 weeks out of this world, amazing. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment