Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Madeline

I enjoy reading other people's blogs. Especially other "mommy blogs." I find such a comradery with these women whom I've never met. They say things in a way that I wish I could. They put their mommy feelings and frustrations into such raw emotions. I wish I could write like these other women. Some days, I probably could, but the language I would use wouldn't be very good; )

I fell in love with a little girl that I have never and will never meet, Madeline. I have followed her mom as she has posted pictures, updates, stories, and the journey of their little girl. A year ago they lost Maddie, and I have hurt for them so much. I have cried with her, pleaded with God, and wondered why, so many times. A woman I have never met, and a little girl whose smile, use to brighten my day, has truly changed the way I mother my daughter. Heather has challenged me to love harder, pay attention to every little detail, to remember it all, because no matter what, life with a baby does go by so much faster. I can't imagine her heartache this past year. Her words have pierced my heart, taken my breath away, and made me sob.

My heart aches for them. I know they are missing their Maddie always, but especially right now. I know we don't "know" each other, but I have grown to love this family from afar. They are an inspiration to everyone. But Heather, is an inspiration to me. And I wanted to share their story with you. I hope it will challenge you to never take life for granted. I hope it will make you hold your babies tighter. And I hope it will inspire you to love a little harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment